DELE: Diploma of Spanish as a Foreign Language
The "Diplomas de Español como Lengua Extranjera (DELE)" issued by the Instituto Cervantes on behalf of the Spanish Ministry for Education, are official qualifications accrediting levels of competence and command of the Spanish language.
* Diploma de Español Nivel A1 (Starter level): This qualification attests to sufficient linguistic ability for a very basic range of the most commonly simple expressions used in the Spanish-speaking world and in order to satisfy inmediate needs of a concrete type.
* Diploma de Español Nivel A2 (Waystage or Elementary level): This qualification attests to sufficient linguistic ability for understanding a basic range of the commonly simple and immediate relevance of expressions used in the Spanish-speaking world (basic personal and family information, shopping, local geography, employment).
* Diploma de Español Nivel B1 (Inicial / Beginner level): This qualification attests to sufficient linguistic ability for understanding and responding appropriately in most normal day-to-day situations and for expressing desires and needs in a basic way.
* Diploma de Español Nivel B2 (Intermedio / Intermediate level): This qualification validates sufficient linguistic ability to get by in average day-to-day situations in normal communication circumstances, which do not require specialized use of the language.
* Diploma de español Nivel C1: At this level, users are expected to be able to use the structures of a language with ease and fluency. Users are able to adapt their language use to a variety of social situations, and express opinions and take part in discussiones and arguments in a culturally acceptable way.
* Diploma de Español Nivel C2 (Superior / Proficiency level): This qualification accredits the necessary linguistic competence to integrate in situations requiring an advanced use of the language and knowledge of the cultural customs embedded within it.
The University of Salamanca collaborates with the Instituto Cervantes in the development of the examinations and in the marking of the examination papers.
Examinations for the Diplomas in Spanish (A1, A2, B1, B2, C1 and C2) will be held
on the following dates during 2013:
Friday 24 May and Saturday 25 May
Registration dates: 25 February to 19 April, both inclusive
Friday 23 August
Registration dates: 1 July to 26 July, both inclusive
Friday 22 November and Saturday 23 November
Registration dates: 16 September to 18 October, both inclusive
For Fees of the test please Contact Us.