Diploma of Spanish as Foreign Languageage
The Instituto Cultural Oaxaca is an authorized test center by the Instituto Cervantes.
Since 2009 the Instituto Cultural Oaxaca has been a certified Test Center in Oaxaca.
The DELE Spanish diplomas are official qualifications accrediting the degree of competence and mastery of the Spanish language, awarded by the Instituto Cervantes on behalf of the Ministry of Education and Vocational Training of Spain.
The DELE exams are designed following the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) guidelines. They are the same levels on which the courses and programs of Instituto Cultural Oaxaca are based.
Levels of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
- Level A1. The test accredits students´ ability to use basic language in communication situations involving immediate needs or widespread everyday matters.
- Level A2. The test accredits that students can understand commonly-used everyday phrases and expressions related to areas of experience particularly relevant to them.
- Level B1. The test accredits language users’ capacity to:
- Understand the main ideas of clear texts in standard language if they involve well-known topics related to work, studies, or leisure.
- Handle most situations on a trip
- Produce simple texts about common topics or subject matters of interest.
- Describe experiences, events, wishes, and hopes and briefly justify opinions or explain plans.
- Level B2. The test accredits language users’ capacity to:
- Understand the gist of complex texts, regardless of whether they are about concrete or abstract themes. Even technical texts should be understood, as long as they are within the candidates’ field of specialization.
- Interact with native speakers with sufficient fluency and spontaneity so that communication does not constitute an effort for the interlocutors.
- Produce clear and detailed texts about diverse topics and defend a point of view on general topics, stating the pros and cons of the different options.
- Level C1. The test certifies that the candidates have sufficient linguistic competence to:
- Understand a wide variety of long, quite demanding texts and recognize implicit meanings in them.
- Express themselves fluently and spontaneously, without any obvious effort to find the right words.
- Use the language flexibly and effectively for social, academic, and professional purposes.
- Be able to produce clear, well-structured, detailed texts on topics having a certain level of complexity, with the correct use of mechanisms for organizing and articulating a cohesive text.
- Level C2. The test certifies that the candidates have sufficient linguistic competence to perfectly handle any situation, proving a spontaneous capacity of adaptation to any context, with a great deal of semantic and grammatical precision. The language users express themselves fluently, with a high degree of specialization and complexity.
To formalize the registration, in the DELE examination centers recognized by the Instituto Cervantes, the candidate must provide the required documentation:
Original and photocopy of the candidate’s passport or official identity document with an equivalent photograph containing the following information: name and surname, nationality and place, and date of birth. The data declared by the candidate in the application form must correspond to those of the aforementioned identification document.
It is also necessary to provide an e-mail address. This e-mail address, for the correct functioning of which the candidate is responsible, will be used, if so established by the Instituto Cultural Oaxaca or Instituto Cervantes, for the communication of all aspects related to the Instituto Cervantes and the DELE diplomas, their examinations, and the communication of their grades or grade review decisions.
At ICO, Candidates can pay registration fees for the DELE Exam with a credit card, cash, or wire transfer before the registration deadline.
To register for the DELE exam, contact us.
2021 DELE Calendar
|Round||Written Test||Deadline||Test Available|
|July||Friday July 9, 2021||Thursday, May 12 2021||A2, B1, B2, C1|
|September||Friday, September 10 2021||Wednesday, July 14 2021||A2|
|October||Friday, October 8 2021||Wednesday, August 25 2021||A2, B1, B2|
|November||Friday, November 13 2021||Wednesday, October 6 2021||A1, A2, B1, B2, C1, C2|
2021 DELE PRICES
Prices of the Diplomas of Spanish as a Foreign Language (DELE)
Students who want to register for the DELE exam at the Instituto Cultural Oaxaca, please contact us
DELE Preparation courses and Private Classes
These classes are for students who are learning Spanish as a Foreign Language and would like to refine their skills and knowledge in preparation for the DELE exam in any of its six levels. The DELE Diplomas are internationally recognized and serve as proof of the student’s Spanish level as a Foreign Language. Students will complete practice exams to become familiar with the type of questions and the pattern of the exams.
- A1 – Breakthrough
- A2 – Waystage
- B1 – Threshold
- B2 – Vantage
- C1 – Effective Operational Proficiency
- C2 – Mastery
*All of our instructors are certified by Instituto Cervantes and the Spanish Government as DELE proctors.
Recommended for those who :
- Want to have an internationally recognized certificate of their level of Spanish as a Foreign Language.
- Are preparing for the DELE exam.
- The Instituto Cultural Oaxaca is a DELE Test Center
Courses and Private Classes to prepare for the test.